Sunday 6 March 2011

Packed and ready to go!

Only 5 days to go.  Today we met and shared the things that we need to carry down with us.  Splitting up medication, computer supplies and laptops.  My backpack is stuffed with my clothes, mosquito tent and a few other items including some small toys.  I think it weighs in at about 30 lbs.  I still have 20 lbs to go!

My carry on contains a laptop and a computer projector!  amazing how much I can squish in there.  Plus you're allowed one personal item - that'll contain my personal netbook. 

We talked with the kids about the trip and Gen had the kids create these cards.  Nathaniel showed pictures of me (smiling) helping kids (not smiling), Michelle wished me a great trip, and Ethan said "I love you" with a sad face in the you, because he will miss me.




Here is a team photo, setup in the mosquito net which will become our personal home for the 10 days while we are there.



The countdown is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment